We’ve thought long and hard about the type of treatments clients crave most this time of year and the response has been staggering…we want to fight pigmentation once and for all!
As much as we love the summer, it seems we’re all prone to those unsightly brown patches our skin forms from too much sun exposure. What’s the solution you might be thinking? Staying clear of the beach? Lying in the shade? Of course not! Our skin thrives off the sun as it helps to clear acne break outs and boosts our levels of Vitamin D. But too much sun exposure can cause hyperpigmentation, which is often accompanied by rough skin and wrinkles.
So, what can we offer our clients who’ve spent one too many hours soaking up the sun’s rays? The answer is MESOTHERAPY!
What Type of Pigmentation is caused by Too Much Sun Exposure?
Hyperpigmentation is a condition which responds well to treatments such as Mesotherapy for effective results. Combined with Dermapen™ micro-needling, you can target all of summer time’s problems, helping to smooth out wrinkles, hydrate the skin and even out the skin tone.
Our Juliette Armand Ambassador, Jody Taylor swears by Mesotherapy to target this particular condition. Jody states, “Mesotherapy effectively targets the pigmentation via micro injections, delivering a cocktail of peptides and vitamins directly to the area. The micro channels ensure epidermal integrity and minimal downtime. Mesotherapy has been found to be more effective used in conjunction with peeling.”
Q&A with our Juliette Armand Ambassador, Jody TaylorOwner of Skin Deep, DoncasterProfessional Beauty Therapist of the Year 2017 and Professional Beauty Therapist of the Year Finalist 2018 in the Aesthetic Awards
NS: What products do you recommend for Melasma/hyperpigmentation?
JT: My go to AMESON® products for melasma and pigmentation include:
- Mandelic Acid 40% -- Effectively targets melasma and can be used on all photo types. Can also be used with Mesotherapy to enhance results either as a combined treatment or in between sessions.
- Mesotech AA2G is stabilised Vitamin C of high concentration. It supresses the formation of melanin and decreases the pre-existing melanin.
- Mesotech Brightening targets glow enhancement, hyperpigmentation, age spots and photo ageing.This is a cocktail of peptides and active ingredientscombined to reduce and supress melanin formation.
NS: What treatments can you combine for better results?
JT: Combining Mandelic Acid 40% peel, followed by a Dermapen™ clinical treatment for both melasma and hyperpigmentation, followed by:
- Brightening Mesotech for hyperpigmentation. As a post treatment I would use an LED light treatment to reduce pigmentation.
- AA2G Mesotech to effectively treat Melasma. This treatment can be carried out every six weeks. On the third week between these sessions either a Glycolic, Mandelic or Lactic Peel can be used in combination with the LED light to further improve the condition.
NS: Do you recommend any specific equipment to effectively target pigmentation?
JT: Treatment combinations can be effectively used in unison to treat and prevent pigmentations problems. The following can be used in combination or as stand-alone treatments.
- Chemical peels
- LED Cube Light
- Dermatic® Meso gun
- Diamond Peel Dermabrasion
- Intense pulsed light
- Laser - New Naturastudios laser system coming soon! Join the waiting list today!
NS: Do clients require any home maintenance to keep pigmentation at bay?
JT: Definitely, I provide all of my clients with a comprehensive homecare routine to further the results of treatment. Below are my personal favourites to prevent the reoccurrence of pigmentation:
The Whitening Serum and 24hour Whitening Cream
The ingredients include:
- Mulberry – contains properties which brighten and improve the look of uneven skin tone.
- Grape – powerful anti-oxidant and whitening.
- Vitamin C -- inhibits the action of the enzyme, tyrosine, decreasing melanin formation.
- Liquorice – Inhibits tyrosinase to reduce dark pigmentation.
- Arbutin -- A glycosylated hydroquinone extracted from the bearberry plant, a natural skin whitening agent. It inhibits tyrosinase and thus prevents the formation of melanin.
Naturastudios has many equipment and product options to choose from to help reduce pigmentation issues. Contact us today to find out how you can begin your targetted and effective pigmentation treatments.
Call 0333 358 3904Email firstname.lastname@example.org